Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Signal Solutions, LLC.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we do NOT process and store identifiable information for the purpose of re-marketing; data collected via cookies or passively is anonymous and IP-restricted as a point of general marketing data for internal use.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are listed below. These cookies are updated if/when our site changes the way it collects information from users. You will always have the ability to change and/or withdraw your cookie/site preferences at any time via this page or the primary site notification:– allows a user to disable google tracking in his or her browser
– allows a user to disable the use of google webfonts in his or her browser
– allows a user to disable the use of google maps in his or her browser
– allows a user to disable video embeds in his or her browser
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet/exceed the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following the explicit link located in the footer of our SigSoln MailChimp marketing platform.
Our EMS provider is; [MailChimp – https://www.mailchimp.com]. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Subscription options
You have the right to be “forgotten” – if you wish that we completely eliminate any trace of record that we may have regarding your IP address, email address, or other information deemed “personally identifiable” we will immediately delete all such information upon written request via our contact form here.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
If you have any questions regarding your privacy and how we handle your information, please contact Dennis Birkemeier [dennis dot birkemeier @ gmail.com]
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Visits to the store: we’ll use this to generate statistics for affiliates and administrators.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this just for statistics, and to let administrators supervise traffic generated by affiliates.
- Affiliate’s name, username, email address: we’ll use this information to register and keep track of affiliates.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Affiliate’s personal details;
- System-generated commissions;
- Payments sent to the affiliates;
- Visits and sales generated through referral links.
Our team members have access to this information to correctly manage the affiliation system, and perform required actions in order to prevent customers from any inappropriate usage of the affiliate program.
What we share with others
We send payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the commission total and payment information.